Bronwyn has been part of the DMIC mentoring team since 2016. Prior to becoming a mentor Bronwyn was a classroom teacher in Porirua teaching students from year 3 to year 8. Bronwyn is currently mentoring in Porirua schools and studying towards her Master’s degree. Bronwyn’s areas of expertise in her role as a mathematics mentor include:
● Providing professional leadership in developing mathematical inquiry communities across and within schools.
● Providing mentoring (coaching or facilitating) to individual teachers in classrooms to support their growth of pedagogical practices including culturally responsive teaching, inquiry mathematics teaching and teaching as inquiry.
● Leading professional development workshops with teachers and school leaders.
● Leading parent workshops.
● Providing support in writing culturally relevant mathematical tasks that focus on mathematical big ideas.