Liana joined the mentoring team in 2017, prior to that she was a class room teacher in Christchurch. She has taught both primary and Intermediate levels
Liana’s areas of expertise in her role as a mathematics mentor include:
- Providing professional leadership in developing mathematical inquiry communities across and within schools.
- Providing mentoring (coaching or facilitating) to individual teachers in classrooms to support their growth of pedagogical practices including culturally responsive teaching, inquiry mathematics teaching and teaching as inquiry.
- Leading professional development workshops with teachers and school leaders.
- Leading parent workshops.
- Providing support in writing culturally relevant mathematical tasks that focus on mathematical big ideas.